Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My favorite kale chip recipes

    I have had so much extra kale from the garden that I have been thinking of things to do with it. Today I've been experimenting with kale chips. After eating probably a pound of kale I found two favorites! The first (sea salt kale chips) was a hit with my kids. Here it is:
        I deveined, cleaned, dried and ripped up about 10 big kale leaves. Covered a baking dish with parchments paper and spread the kale out. I sprayed it with a little coconut oil and sprinkled it with corse sea salt. Put it in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes and they were cooked perfect and had a nice light flavor. 

    The next way (spicy bacon kale chips) was by far my favorite! Here it is:
        Devein, clean, dry and rip up about 10 big leaves of kale. Parchments paper on the baking sheet. Spread out the kale now I drizzled it with (1/2-1 tbs) melted bacon fat, sprinkle with cayenne powder and chili powder and a little course sea salt. Bake 10-15 minutes at 350.  These were Spicy and had a little Bacon flavor. I honestly could have eaten an entire other serving. 

    How do you like your kale chips? There are endless ways to make them! They have such a great crispy crunch texture, they're addicting! 


~ Janet ✌



No comments:

Post a Comment